Human Services Coordination Program
Small Urban Transit
Rural Public transit providers offers transportation services in non-urbanized areas where existing services are insufficient, unavailable, or inappropriate. There are two agencies providing rural transit in the area:
• Avoyelles Parish Public Transit (APPT) serves all of Avoyelles Parish and travels into two adjoining parishes: Rapides and St. Landry.
• Vernon Parish Public Transit serves all of Vernon Parish.
Most of the transit providers that are currently participating in the Human Services Coordination Program fall under the category of specialized transit. The characteristic of those organizations and agencies can be summarized as:
• Primary services are within parish and the destinations include grocery stores, medical facilities, senior centers, work sites, job training sites, bank facilities, stores, etc.
• Occasional trips providing access to medical appointments, entertainment, vocational schooling and training are made outside the regular service area.
• Demand responsive services are tailored to meet the personal needs of the residents in service area.
Small Urban Transit
City of Alexandria Bus Transit (ATRANS) provides scheduled fixed route public transit service for Alexandria, Pineville, and England Airpark. ATRANS also provides demand response para-transit service for qualifying persons unable to access the fixed route service due to disability. For more information, visit the ATRANS website.
WHO WE ARE
RAPC conducts human services coordination for the Kisatchie-Delta Regional Planning District and includes Avoyelles, Catahoula, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Rapides, Vernon, and Winn parishes.
The Human Services Coordination Plan is required by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) under Federal Law and as part of our continuing, coordinated and comprehensive planning process.
The Alexandria-Pineville Metropolitan Planning Organization (AP-MPO) provides transportation planning for the urbanized area of Rapides parish and transit planning for the Kisatchie-Delta Planning and Development District.
ABOUT THE HSCP PLAN
The Rapides Area Planning Commission has developed this 2025 Coordinated Human Services Transportation plan to:
1. Create not only a one-time plan for improved coordination of human services transportation in the Kisatchie-Delta planning area, but also establish an ongoing process for continued coordination and improvement.
2. Identify transportation needs of individuals with disabilities, older adults, and those with lower incomes, and to identify and prioritize strategies for meeting those needs.
Visit our CONTACT page for more information.